Tips for Shipping to China
Moving to China? Is your company transferring you? Arranging and organizing your belongings to ship to China can be a daunting undertaking. Fortunately there are ways to simplify the packing of the items you will be shipping to China for your relocation. Many companies are specialists in international shipping of your household belongings, your vehicle, and other personal items. Utilizing the help from companies with experience in shipping to foreign countries will greatly reduce the stress involved in moving to your new location. These professionals are leaders in the process of shipping to another country and can help you to:
- Review the latest information on import and export provisions for China.
- Be aware that China charges import taxes that your carrier can estimate for you.
- Shipping to China comes with import prohibitions. Be sure the items you are moving to China are not on the list of prohibited items.
- Research laws, customs, the economy and marketplace in China that may be quite different from those in the US.
Guide to Shipping from ChinaAre you moving from China? Shipping from China can be made easier and less stressful by following a few simple steps:
- Use a trusted and valued international shipping company when moving from China.
- Shipping from China requires proper documentation, professionals can help you to pay attention to the proper documentation to ship from China.
- Be sure the items you are shipping from China are not prohibited in the country you are sending them to.
- Export duties may apply to the items you are moving from China.
- Be aware that there are two types of export companies involved when you ship from China. One is the actual exporter that physically moves your items, and one is an export agent that processes your documents.
- International carriers can insure that the items you ship from China arrive safely and in a timely manner, with all provisions involved in moving from China accounted for.