Tips for Shipping to Canada
Canada is known for hockey, maple syrup, and friendly people. Not to mention affordable real estate prices and a low crime rate. Now that you've made the choice of moving to Canada, it's time to decide what items you will be shipping to Canada. It is important to seek help from an international shipping company. They will be able to guide you through the process, and make it less stressful for you. These carriers are experts in shipping your personal items and making sure your shipping process to Canada goes smoothly. A reputable international shipping company will provide you with the proper documents required when you ship to Canada, but here's a few tips from customs for shipping to Canada:
- Customer and/or spouse must be present at customs clearance (failure to appear immediately will result in bonded storage at customer's expense.)
- Many of your imported items will be duty-free and tax-free.
- Before you arrive, you should prepare two copies of a list of all the goods you intend to bring into Canada. You have to present this list to the customs officer on your arrival in Canada, even if you are not bringing in any goods at that time.
Guide to Shipping from Canada
- Don't forget to check with Canada customs to be sure that you have all the required documents needed for shipping from Canada.
- Making a list of your belongings is imperative when shipping to another country. Do this before you ship from Canada to insure that your items will not be delayed when they reach their final destination.
- When researching a shipping company, review quotes and read testimonials. Moving from Canada will be a breeze when you pick a company that can help you every step of the way.