Tips for Shipping to Scotland
Moving to Scotland? Who wouldn't want to move to Scotland? It has fresh air, lots of space and a lower cost of living than many parts of the UK. Shipping to Scotland can be streamlined with the help of a specialist in the industry. Hassle free shipping of your household belongings, your vehicle, and other personal items is only a click away.
- It's easy to start right here with an in depth online research of various movers. Be sure to compare the services provided by them, shipping details and the rates charged, so that you can make an informed decision.
- Packing the belongings you've selected to ship to Scotland is a specialized process, and our overseas carriers can help you properly crate the items you ship to Scotland.
- Scotland requires a C3 Customs form that must clear all household goods shipping to its ports. Note that this form must have original signatures and that fax copies are not allowed.
- International shipping professionals can provide help to be sure that all documents needed for your goods to ship to Scotland are in order and are available prior to arrival of the shipment.
- It is suggested that when shipping to your new home you ship to Scotland on a weekday in order to avoid delays due to the customs offices being closed on non working days.
Guide to Shipping from Scotland
- A trusted and recommended international shipping company is essential when moving from Scotland. Be sure to leave yourself plenty of time to research the right carrier for shipping from Scotland.
- Properly prepared documentation that follows government guidelines is essential to avoid delay, and professionals can help you to adhere to the proper documentation and prohibition regulations to ship from foreign countries.
- The items you are shipping from Scotland may have restrictions placed on them depending on their ultimate destination. Some items shipped from Scotland may also be prohibited, so be sure to work with your carrier closely.
- Don't forget that reputable companies provide insurance for the items that you ship from Scotland to your new home.