Tips for Shipping to Thailand
Does a change in career have you moving to Thailand? Whatever your reason is for relocating and shipping your personal or corporate belongings, help from professionals in the industry will simplify the packing of the items you will be shipping to Thailand for your relocation.
- When you are moving to Thailand, be aware that you may bring in an unlimited amount of Thai currency.
- All items that you ship to Thailand are afforded duty free entry upon acceptance and approval by the Foreign Ministry.
- Thailand customs regulations require an inventory of the household goods prior to moving to your new home. Check with your embassy for a list of proper documentation.
- Choose an overseas shipper that is accustomed to shipping to Thailand. This will reduce the amount of time needed to make proper preparations when moving to your new home.
Guide to Shipping from ThailandAre you shipping goods from Thailand, one of the world's major exporters? Consider the following moving tips to help with your move:
- Moving from Thailand requires proper documentation for you that follows government guidelines. Work closely with your shipper while researching these requirements before you move from Thailand. This will save you time and avoid delays.
- Thailand became a major exporter in the 1990's, so shipping from Thailand is organized and detailed. Professionals in overseas shipping can help you to adhere to the proper documentation needed to ship from their ports.
- When shipping from Thailand, there are rules for the handling of money. If you are relocating to Lao PDR, Myanmar, Cambodia, Malaysia or Vietnam, you are allowed to take currency not exceeding 500,000 Baht with you. Moving from Thailand to any other country however, allows you to take only 50,000 Baht or less. Plan accordingly when moving from Thailand.