Tips for Shipping to Japan
Are you moving to Japan - the country with the largest metropolitan city in the world? With the help from overseas shipping companies that will guide you along the way when you are deciding which items you will be shipping to your new home, your transition will be smooth. When you've made the decision of what you will ship to Japan, your chosen carrier will be able to provide you with specifications and the best options for crating and packing what you'll be moving to your new location.
- Choose a carrier that will arrange the proper crating and packing for the items you'll be shipping to your new home. This is imperative when shipping to Japan. "Packed By Owner" shipments are not acceptable!
- Moving to a foreign country requires proper documentation not only for you personally, but also for all household goods and vehicles you are shipping to your destination.
- International carriers are familiar with labeling, crating and listing in detail the items you choose to ship to Japan.
- A reputable international carrier will provide the insurance you need to cover liability for the items you ship.
Guide to Shipping from Japan
- Using leaders in the industry assures you a timely transition when moving from Japan.
- Required documentation to ship from foreign countries is required, and your carrier is experienced in handling all documentation and steering you away from shipping prohibited items. Shipping from Japan requires that all prohibited items found upon inspection be charged an additional cost to cover the disposal of the items you were attempting to ship from Japan.
- International carriers provide insurance that the items you ship from Japan arrive safely. Discuss this provision with your shipping company when shipping from Japan.